What are the latest buffs, nerfs, and changes to Counter-Strike? Here are the patch notes for the most recent CSGO update
Looking for details on the latest CS:GO update? Whether it’s new weapons and maps, or minor tweaks to the game’s core arsenal, staying on top of the meta is key to dominating this competitive FPS.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive isn’t updated like other esports. While the likes of League of Legends and Rainbow Six Siege spend weeks testing every small change, CS:GO’s come out of the blue. While Dota 2 will reinvent itself every three months, CS:GO’s changes are so subtle you might not even notice them logging in from day to day. To help facilitate you in noticing this, we are going to track the latest CSGO updates that hit live servers in this post. Each time Valve make significant patches to the game, we will let you know what is worth worrying about, what isn’t, and also provide as full a changelog as we are able to.
But before we crack on with the latest CS:GO update, we should mention that we’ll only be adding new patches as and when they are finally deployed to live servers. Anyway, on with the changelog.
CS:GO’s latest update brings some pretty huge changes to Trusted mode as well as adding new maps to game modes – let’s take a look.
CS:GO update GAMEPLAY
- When a player disconnects or is kicked in classic competitive and wingman modes, they’re no longer replaced by a bot. If the entire other team leaves, one bot will be left idling at the spawn point for the other team Fixed bots that weren’t navigating properly in Warmup arenas
- Reduced size of SWAT sleeves matching all existing models
- Fixed a crash in Windows dedicated server when “version” command is issued Pings no longer move when walked over by characters, and will also no longer highlight weapons in competitive matches Adjusted Retakes clip areas in Mirage and Train
- Accounts that completed government identity verification have been upgraded to CS:GO Prime Account Status for Steam China
- Further optimisations Fixed some clipping bugs
- Fixed a pixel-gap in the Cargo containers in T-Spawn Fixed Cargo containers not having their proper colours Fixed bomb explosions being visible above A-site
- Removed several boost spots Added stairs in the garage for better rotation flow Breakable glass ceiling around A-site and Mid. Smokes and glashes can now be used on A-site Removed “office” area on Mid Both entrances of the hut are now wider for better player traffic flow between A-Site and Mid Lowered A upper and bridge to make entire bombsite more readable Removed several awkward angles on A-Site Removed excessive areas on A-Site Removed clutter on A-Site Better FPS around the whole map
- Widened inner part of connector Reduced size of restaurant corner Adjusted tarp positions on truck to eliminate some angles Lowered half-wall at Stairs Adjusted timings by pushing CT spawns back a bit Shifted the crates next to Tower further towards Pit Enhanced visibility for various long range angles Removed electric box next to Bikes Reduced amount of breakable glass at Shop Blocked angle from CT boost to Pit Increased size of ladder hole Added location names Fixed players being able to see into the tower area when boosted at Dumpster Fixed some Z-fighting and intersecting Geo Fixed various visible nodraw textures Fixed various bomb stuck spots Fixed player stuck spot on Street Clipping adjustments throughout the map Minor visual adjustments and enhancements
Those are all the changes made in the latest patch. Check back here for the details when the next one drops, or have a look at our CS:GO console commands to make some local tweaks or take a look at our list of multiplayer games for something new to play.