2 Easy home remedies that actually WORK and will give you long and luscious hair without expensive treatments
Everybody dreams of having healthy, long and luscious hair. But things get difficult when life gets in the way and stress, pollution and hormones make it difficult to achieve that. Expensive treatments claim to work but you and I both know that that’s not always the case. Let us remind you, here’s when your grandmother’s and mother’s home remedies tend to work. As much as you hate their ‘desi nuskhas,’ the results (aka their healthy and strong hair) say otherwise. So, it’s time to revisit old roots and make the most of the ingredients available at home to get the mane of your dreams!
Just like your skin needs to be moisturised at all time, your hair needs it too. Problems like split ends, dandruff and frizziness arise when your hair is extremely dry and lacks moisture. Here’s where you need to bring in that old habit of ‘oil champi.’ You can directly use the oil and massage it in the hair or use this mask to get the ultimate result.
All you need: (quantity for long hair, can differ based on your hair length)
4-5 tablespoons of coconut/olive oil
2 vitamin E capsule
1. Start by whisking the egg in a bowl and slowly add oil to create a runny mixture.
2. Once both of the ingredients are bound well, puncture the vitamin E capsule into the mixture and mix it thoroughly.
PRO TIP: We are a fan of vitamin E capsule and think that the INR 25 pack is a saviour when it comes to your skincare and haircare.
3. Now, on damp hair, apply the pack from the hair tip upwards and leave it on for 30 minutes.
4. Rinse off with a mild shampoo and conditioner to reveals healthy, moisturised locks.
An egg is filled with proteins that help in nourishing the hair while vitamin E and oil help in keeping the hair shafts moisturised. When used every week, this hair treatment works wonders.
A lot of people face the issue of stunted hair growth which gets in the way of achieving long and luscious locks. This is when you need to nourish your scalp and hair to reverse the problem.
All you need: (again, you can tweak the quantity based on your hair length)
10-15 curry leaves
4 tablespoons of castor/coconut oil
2 vitamin E capsule
½ cup of yoghurt
1. Heat your choice of oil in a bowl until warm. Now, dip the curry leaves in it and set it aside overnight. (an hour also works fine)
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients to create a smooth paste.
3. Apply it on your scalp and hair religiously.
4. Leave it on for 40-50 minutes and rinse with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
5. Use this hair mask weekly for desired results.
Curry leaves help in avoiding premature greying while the lactic acid in yoghurt nourished hair and prevents breakage. Vitamin E and castor oil help nourish the scalp and promote hair growth.
PRO TIP: Massaging the scalp while applying the mask will promote blood circulation and in turn, boost the hair growth process.
For more Fashion & Beauty updates: Follow @pinkvillafashion